Friday, February 3, 2017

John Wick: Chapter 2







I've been loyal to Keanu since Bill and Ted first taught me what was most important in life... after the lesson of Conan, of course, but really, what is there to say about John Wick: Chapter 2?

Did you see the last one? It's pretty great. In a nutshell, it's a revenge flick about a super badass legendary assassin--a man spoken of in hushed whispers by feared men, known as The Baba Yaga--who comes out of retirement after Theon Greyjoy kills his dog, which means John Wick's revenge is doubly-earned once it gets going. It's insane. It's super stylish. It's got the strangest world-building mythology. It's choreographed to the hilt. It's just an unapologetic bullet-fest good time. Like I said, it's pretty great. Surprisingly so, honestly. I know I certainly didn't expect it to be as fun as it was. Really, if you haven't seen it, you should find a nice matinee time, sit down, and enjoy. Really. It's worth your time. And you should do this soon too, and not just because it's fun...

You should do it, because now we have the sequel.

Here's the official synopsis: The continuing adventures of former hitman, John Wick. Do you honestly need more than that? Really? I mean, are you really going to this film for the intricacies of the plot? He's John Wick, he shoots the shit out stuff. That's why you bought your ticket, and that's what you're going to get. Do you really need more? Fine. Well, there's this too... Legendary hit man John Wick comes out of retirement  (again) when a former associate plots to seize control of an international assassins' guild. Bound by a blood oath to help him, Wick travels to Rome to square off against the world's deadliest killers.

I mean, both synopses are basically saying the same thing, right?

Let's watch the trailer...


Like I said, it's an unapologetic bullet fest.

Films like John Wick don't set out to make a big statement. Films like John Wick aren't meant to. They're fun. They're loud. And they look good while they're doing it. That's it. They are what they are. If you go in expecting more, then you really have no business going in at all.

But...

If you're looking for a good time, then the word on the street is that the sequel is awesome, more awesome then last time even. Plus... SPOILER ALERT... I hear the dog lives, so that's super cool too. These are reliable sources, my friends, so rest assured. In fact, from what I've heard, I feel safe in saying that if you liked the first one--and why wouldn't you've--then you'll love this one.

John Wick: Chapter 2 opens on February 10th, 2017.

I know I'll be there,
Jon



No comments: