Thursday, August 4, 2016

I'm You Dickhead






I'M YOU, DICKHEAD is the title of today's short film. It was directed by Lucas Testro, written by Larry Boxshall, and stars Anthony Gooley. They are complete unknowns to me. They could also be Australian. Or maybe they're from New Zealand. Or maybe not.

I just don't know.

From what I can tell, the film is a wacky, sci-fi comedy of the classic "what if a run-of-the-mill idiot had access to something fantastic" variety. And in this case, the fantastic thing appears to be some sort of time travel. This could be fun. It will probably involve some rules, which they will then immediately violate, hopefully to hilarious results. There will probably be more than a little "alternate self" shenanigans going on.

Warning, I suspect there's a good chance this might get a little slap-sticky, so... just fyi.

Here's the Synopsis: "In a world where time travel is a simple hospital procedure, a man jumps back in time to force his 10 year old self to learn guitar, so that he can get more action with the ladies in the present day."

Sounds reasonable. Let's check it out...



Well, now... that was pretty good. That was pretty funny. I liked that.

Good times.

This was recommended to me by my friend, Mike, and I'm glad he did, because I really enjoyed it. It's light and cheeky, self-aware, kind of dirty, and most of all, lots of fun, and not to mention, well-made too. I suppose you could pull apart the Time Travel rules if you wanted to, but that's not really the point. The cast was great, as was the comedic timing. Honestly, there's not much else I can say, really. I'll let the film speak for itself. It's definitely worth watching.

This was good.

Dickhead,
Jon


No comments: