Monday, December 14, 2015

Giant Robots from Outer Space






This short film is yet another graduation film. I guess it turns out that school is where everyone is doing all the new and (possibly) interesting stuff, if you can believe it... Anyway, this one comes from France, from a place/school called Supinfocom. I have never heard of this place/school before, but that really doesn't mean anything. It's not like I bothered looking it up or anything. The film is directed by a veritable cadre of Directors: Valentin Watrigant, Fran├žois Guery, Elsa Lamy, Aurelien Fernandez, and Louis Ventreand. Now, that seems like a lot of people for a 5 minute or so short film, but whatever... class project, I suppose. And so, here we are... the film is called Giant Robots from Outer Space. I wonder what it's about?

Here's the synopsis: "Giant Robots invade the planet..."

Well, huh... I wasn't expecting that.



Y'know, overall, this was really good. The animation was actually pretty great, and so were the designs. I really liked the flipping of the traditional hero and damsel in distress roles too. That was pretty cool. All in all, pretty good. ...Except one thing. That voice-over was rough, huh? I mean, it's a school project, but man... that was no good. However, don't let that deter you from checking this out, shitty narration alone does not detract from what is an otherwise fun and funny bit of animation.

Take a look,
Jon

No comments: