Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chasseur




This has been floating around for awhile, but I enjoyed it, so... here ya' go. Written and Directed... and starring, apparently... Christopher Soren Kelly, the premise of this short film is a pretty simple one: A Cajun devil hunter goes to the crossroads and meets the devil's attorney... Which is slight, sure, but... I guess you don't really need too much more than that. It's a good starting place, at least.

Let's watch...


That was cool. I liked the tone, the kind of "Southern noir grime" that permeates everything. I really enjoyed the morally gray aspect too. To be honest, there's a good chance that I'll be a fan of any Demon Hunter in the Modern-ish World story. That's always fun. I believe this is a Proof of Concept film, and if so, then I'd definitely watch more of something set in this world, despite the fact that the lead's Cajun accent is nearly impenetrable at times...

Try it out. You'll like it.

I guarantee,
Jon

No comments: