Thursday, February 19, 2015

Poulette's Chair





I'm not usually the biggest anime fan. There's several obvious exceptions to this rule, of course, but I find the genre is too often a slave to its own cliches and tropes, and the fan-service is just plain old creepy. But, while Poulette's Chair does walk some of the same paths as most anime, don't worry, it's definitely not one of the creepy ones. This is a sweet and wordless and very quick short film by Hiroyasu Ishida, and it's all about the friendship between a young girl and her sentient chair.

You heard me.

Seriously, check it out. It's magic.



That was funny and sweet and sad, right? Good animation, well-drawn characters. Really good stuff. I hope she fixed the leg at the end, and then eventually passed the chair on to her own children. Yeah, you know what? I've decided I'm just gonna go with that assumption.

I liked it. You?

Jon

No comments: