Monday, February 16, 2015

Films I'm looking forward to: Crimson Peak


Guillermo del Toro.

I've mentioned him before. He's made some movies, movies I've liked and movies I haven't really liked, and weirdly, with one or two exceptions, that opinion seems to fall almost neatly along the dividing line of his Spanish speaking films versus his English speaking films.

The last time I mentioned the man, I said this:

Geek God of Flamboyant Demonic Imagery, Director Guillermo del Toro has apparently discovered that I am only passingly a fan of his work. I loved Blade 2 and The Devil's Backbone. I enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth. Otherwise: Meh... he's all right, sometimes I find his design work a little too busy, it gets in the way of the movie, in my opinion. And I'll be honest, I was REALLY happy to hear that he was no longer working on the Hobbit. Also, I hated the Hellboy films. Hated them. But ever since Ron Pearlman did this right here... they get a pass from me. We're cool.

Good on you, Ron Perlman.

And all these months later, that still holds true... Good on you, Ron Perlman.

So when it comes to Crimson Peak, I'm skeptical. I want to see it. It could be fun. I want it to be good, but... Charlie Hunnam is in it, so how good could it be?


I don't know, I guess we'll find out in October.

Jon

No comments: