Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Films I'm looking forward to: AVENGERS 2 - Trailer #2



A slight longer version of the trailer for Avengers 2 was released a while back. Did you see it? I have. Shocking, right? Yeah. Well, here's another shocker: I'm still super excited.

Here, take a look...



Still love it.

Yes, yes, yes, okay, fine... it's mostly the same stuff as the first trailer with a little bit of new footage. Whatever. Who cares? Not me. Drink it in, people. I watched the shit out of this. I love it. I can't wait for the film. I'm totally geeking out for it. Like I said: Super excited.

Do you know what intrigues me the most? ...Of course you do. There's a rumor go around that the Avengers team at the end of this next film is going to be very different from the one the movie starts out with. Now, the comic fans out there are very familiar with this idea. It's classic Avengers. Switching up the rooster is something the Avengers do often, it's something they have always done, I think the first line-up change happened with issue #16 way back in 1965. It probably also bears mentioning that the first line-up change featured characters we know are in the movie.

That's a big plus in the probably-gonna-happen column, y'know?

Also, keep in mind that one of the many keys to Marvel's current success is how they're embracing the tropes of the source material, and like I said: Line-up changes are classic Avengers. Then, you add all of that to the recent release of the upcoming Marvel Phase 3 slate of films, and suddenly the idea of roster change seems very likely. So, the question suddenly seems t switch from: Will it happen to How different will the new line-up be?

Will it be something like this:


Or... is it going to be radically different? Dare we hope? Could the current direction of the comics have any bearing on the Cinematic Universe at all? It might be highly unlikely, but imagine if we got something more like with this:


Maybe it will end up somewhere in between? I can't wait to find out.

We shall see,
Jon

No comments: