Thursday, October 23, 2014

Films I'm looking forward to: Avengers: Age of Ultron


Obviously I'm looking forward to this movie.

Obviously. I mean, duh, right? It probably seems almost a little cliched at this point, huh? I'm sure when you saw your local Internet explode yesterday with news of the leaked trailer, the first thought in your mind was probably: "Jon is gonna shit." Well, congratu-fucking-lations, Carnac, because you were right: I watched the trailer and I totally shit. Totally.

Let's watch it again.



Woo!

That right there is 100% pure awesome, people, that's what that is.

Granted, this is just a teaser, but from what I saw going on here (and from every little scrip and scrap of information I've read), this film is gonna be huge. Huge. And I can not wait. Seriously. What I see happening in this teaser, I can't believe it. It's all so familiar to me, and yet like nothing I have ever seen before. It's just so exciting to see it all realized. I'm sure some of you out there are like me, so you know, you understand, but for the rest of you, I don't think I can describe what it's like to see these things happening on film. Things like the Marvel movies, the Lord of the Rings films, and Game of Thrones on HBO, these are all things that for a long time were considered to be on the same list: The "Shit That's Never Gonna Happen" list. You loved them. You wanted to see them done, but they were just too big, too involved, too geeky. It just wasn't gonna happen. And for years, it seemed a pretty safe bet that none of them ever would. Honestly, even if/when one ever would get made, they'd end up under-funded, arbitrarily altered, terribly cast and written, in a word: they would suck, so you were almost afraid to see anyone even try.

And yet, now... here we are.

These favorite stories and characters have not only jumped off the "Never Gonna Happen" list, but they've done it bigger and better and more amazing than any of us could have ever dared hoped. Simply put, it's a great time to be a fan.

So, yeah... Anyway, what's the deal with this movie, you ask? Well, it breaks down like this... 

The Avengers have arrived and things will never be the same. Whether they want it or not, their very presence means they change everything, and the world has to scramble to keep up. They are powerful. They are strong. But that means greater threats, harder choices. With so much hanging in the balance with every decision, triumphs can easily become tragedies, and even the smallest mistake can end up destroying people, friendships, legacies. Everything.

Ultron has become self-aware. He does not approve.


And he has brought friends...


The Avengers are screwed. A new Age is upon them...

And it's gonna be awesome. Seriously, I apologize in advance, folks, because I'm probably gonna talk about this a few more times in the coming months.

I can't wait,
Jon


No comments: