Friday, October 31, 2014

Brent Sims' Grave Shivers





In honor of Halloween, today's short film is called Brent Sims' Grave Shivers and it is a scary one. Supposedly. Or three, actually... Three short horror stories in one short-ish film. I don't know how scary they actually are, but looking at the images, I'll be honest, I have my doubts. Also, I have no idea who the hell Brent Sims is, despite the fact that he put his name in the title like we're all some how supposed to know: "Oooo... Brent Sims! Oh, boy!" said his mother. I kid, but like I said, I have my doubts... But then, fuck it, what do you want? It's Halloween and we're all under contract, right?

Here's the synopsis from the official Brent Sims homepage:
Grave Shivers is a sci-fi/horror anthology that weaves three tales of monsters, killers, and things that go bump in the night. It has been an official selection of over 16 film festivals and taken home multiple nominations for best director and awards at the New Orleans Horror Film Festival as well as the audience award at the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival in Los Angeles. Dread Central called Grave Shivers "...An anthology…”

So let's do this, people! Be prepared to piss yourself with terror!



Hmmm, well... the last bit was all right, but... I don't know about you all out there, but I did not piss myself in terror. I didn't even pee-pee in panic, not even a dribble or a drop, let alone tinkle in shock. Brent Sims, you let me down, dude. Bummer. I remember when your name in the title used to mean something, but now, I don't know what I'm supposed to think. After seeing this... I don't think I even know who you are anymore, Brent Sims. I'm not sure I ever did.

Another Halloween down the tubes...

Boo,
Jon

No comments: