Tuesday, September 30, 2014

URBANCE


I don't know much about this. I came across it on Vimeo, and it was kind of cool, so I thought I'd share it with you. It's not a short film, it's a trailer for a Project TV series directed by someone named Joel Dos Reis Viegas and it's called Urbance. 

Here's the synopsis: "In the big city, gender war rises. Sex is prohibited because of a genetic deadly virus. Ruled by hate and anger, boys and girls grow up apart from each other, forming rivals gangs. Among these lost teenagers, Kenzell and Lesya will fight adversity and defy all the rules in order to live their love and restore peace."

Crazy. "Gender war rises" and "Genetic deadly virus" is a bit awkward, so is "live their love" actually, but whatever. I don't know if this show ever came out anywhere or not. I don't even know what Project TV is, to be honest. Probably something the kids do, with their twittering and their who-sa-what-its, I bet... Joking aside, from what I've seen, I like this Viegas guy's stuff. I mean, yeah, I don't know if the show itself is any good, story-wise, but shit... at least it look cool.

Check it out...


Cool, huh? Pretty slick, some good style.

Turns out there's a KickStarter, if you're interested.

Jon

No comments: