Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Films I'm looking forward to - Gone Girl (2nd Trailer)


Yesterday I talked about how much I loved the films of Terry Gilliam and how I expect to love his upcoming film Zero Theorem too. Well, I love the films of David Fincher as well, and have an equal expectation that I will love his upcoming film Gone Girl too. Also, just like Terry Gilliam, I have  talked about this love before. Right here, in fact.

And to nail the hat-trick, much like my post yesterday... here's the new trailer.


Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this film. I'm hoping to get a chance to read the book first, of course, and I probably will. It'll probably be next, I think. I have bumped it up in the To-Be Read stack. Like everybody else out there, I've heard mostly good stuff, of course, so I'm looking forward to it. I've heard some people complain that the characters are too unlikable, but I usually ignore critiques of that type. Much like my politicians, I don't feel the need to be able to have a comfortable beer with my fictional characters before I can enjoy their story. I have also heard a few complaints about the book's ending from some reliable sources, but author Gillian Flynn has said that she actually rewrote it for the film...? Having not read the book yet, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's certainly an interesting thing.

We'll see, I guess. I'm excited to find out.


Let me know what you think,
Jon

No comments: