Friday, December 20, 2013

Films I'm looking forward to - Jupiter Ascending

2014 looms and already there's a couple of films I'm really excited for...


I love this. Are you shocked? If you know me at all, you shouldn't be. I'm gaga for this trailer. I love it. Jupiter Ascending is the next film from the Wachowski siblings, Lana and Andy. Besides their talent and generally awesome aesthetic vision, I think the main thing I love the most about the Wachowskis is that they're not afraid to go big, visually, emotionally, they're ready. And while yes, sometimes this leads them to go a bit mushy, I don't care. It's a better route than the silly overly-grim farts of movies like Man of Steel or Dark Knight Rises. And that's what I like here. It looks unabashed. It looks huge. It looks like classic sci-fi pulp. I have so many questions. Questions like: Will Sean Bean's character actually survive this film (probably not)? Or: Will this center on Tatum and Kunis's characters being in True Love (Probably...)? Or: How could anyone not know Mila Kunis is the Queen of the Universe? Or: What is this rumored "rollerblade action-sequence" I've heard tell of?

I can't wait to find out,
Jon

No comments: