Monday, April 29, 2013

Pacific Rim - The Wondercon Trailer

This trailer played at Wondercon this past year and it has finally hit the Internet. It is one of the most awesome things ever. Don't believe me? Check it out. I'll wait.


How awesome is that?

So awesome, that's how awesome.

Watching this feels a bit like a fever dream to me. It's just too unbelievable that it's actually getting made. A giant robots versus giant monsters movie? With real money behind it and isn't coming from Japan? Films like this don't get made. Hollywood doesn't do super awesome things like this, right? Unbelievable.

Obviously, I can't wait. It's right up my alley. I'm actually glad it's taken this long to make a film like this though. If this movie had come out in 1986, it would have killed me with pure unadulterated joy. I would have stroked out from excitement and happiness, there in my theatre seat, just seizuring and frothing and throwing popcorn everywhere. Can it be so awesome? Is that possible? Time will tell. Of course, being that it's a Guillermo del Toro film there is still more than a fair chance that it may suffer story/character-wise, so I'm trying to temper my expectations a little bit, but... did you see the part where the giant robot hits the giant monster with a tanker ship?

So awesome,
Jon

2 comments:

Shawn Enderlin said...

Oh man, if there's even a halfway decent plot to go along with this it could be one of the greatest things ever.

Jon said...

Totally. It looks amazing. I really hope it's not dumb as hell.