Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dead Laptop

The Laptop is dead! Long live the Laptop!


I don't know what happened to it...

After seven years of mostly faithful service, my Dell Inspiron E1405 (Oh, I'm sorry, Little Mrs. Supercute Wife aka Nosey McNosenstein has just corrected me...) OUR Dell Inspiron E1405 has gone on to the great big coffee shop in the sky. It pooped out the other day, suddenly, irrevocably. It bought the farm. It kicked the bucket. Went tits up, as the kids might say. Done-ski. Over. Finito.

It's horribly inconvenient.

The past week or so my various and sundry Internet activities have been confined to my Ipod touch and I've been madly typing away on a keypad the size of a mouse's butthole. NOT EASY. Certainly not fun. The stress and isolation of these past few days have been very much akin to what I imagine Napoleon must have experienced while on Elba.

Needless to say, my WIP has ground to a halt.

Luckily, I have discovered I can still hook the wheezing, old half-dead wretch up to my massive TV and still get some work done. The dead screen is not the only issue unfortunately, random programs crash down all around me right now as I type, fitzing and throwing sparks. The Imperials have entered Hoth base, my friends. Time is of the essence. I've managed to evacuate the important documents, so I can spare a few moments to get this missive out before catching the last transport off this rock.

On the upside, I have a super awesome screen going on.

So yeah, that's where I am at. Just FYI, y'all. With the current hook-up, I'll be able to get some work done and by next week a new laptop should be winging itself my way. Then I'll get back on track, so everybody relax. Everything's cool.


Of course I can hear you now, that's fine and dandy, you say, but all that being said, what if you're still jonesing for your Jon-fix? Well, fear not, dear Internet Friends and Constant Readers, because I will possibly be live-tweeting the Oscars for my own amusement, depending on how much they bore and/or annoy me, so look for that, if you want. The link to my Twitter can be found at my tumblr (See the sidebar) or simply search for @Hansen_sogroovy, because that's me... so, so groovy.

Until that day,
Jon

No comments: