Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oblivion

What's this? Is this original Sci-fi? From Hollywood? With a budget? And it looks Post-Apocalyptic and futuristic at the same time? Chills. I have chills. 

Here's the poster, let's bask in it, shall we?


Waitaminute... Tom Cruise? The Director of Tron Legacy? Imax? Ahhh, man... and I was getting excited too... Oh well, I started the blog, might as well finish it. Here's the synopsis:

"Jack Harper (Cruise, naturally) is one of the last drone repairmen stationed on Earth. Part of a massive operation to extract vital resources after decades of war with a terrifying threat known as the Scavs, Jack's mission is nearly complete. Patrolling the breathtaking skies from thousands of feet above, his soaring existence is brought crashing down when he rescues a beautiful stranger from a downed spacecraft. Her arrival triggers a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands."

You hear that people? EVERYTHING. He will question EVERYTHING he knows. Things like: "Do I REALLY like Orange juice, or do I just THINK that I like Orange Juice?" That's gonna be some riveting shit right there, folks, let me tell you. Know what I mean? Riveting as in: $8 will buy you the whole seat, but you're only going to need... THE EDGE!!!

Here's the trailer, people, hold on to your butts:



Hmmm... That doesn't look too bad actually. It's a little "Apple in the Post-Apocalypse" but still, it looks fun, maybe. I like what I see, although I question what's going on with the ruins. How are the buildings buried underground? With rivers running over them? That's... odd, but whatever. The bottom line is: It looks interesting. I'm going to keep an eye out for more stuff as it pops up.

One thing I did notice that kind of bothers me? This is the second Tom Cruise movie trailer that has not shown him running (the first being for Jack Reacher--which also doesn't look half-bad). Frankly, I miss it. I hope he hasn't gotten self-conscious, or worse, hurt his ankle, as Tom Cruise is the best on-screen runner in the history of on-screen runners.

Let's all watch this and remember the glory.


Run, Tom, Run,
Jon

1 comment:

Jennifer R. Donohue said...

While the description sounded a bit like somebody watched Wall-E and wanted to revise it for grownups, and I've been disappointed in most of Tom Cruise's latest offerings...yeah, I'll totally watch that.


(he does run funny. That and Jeremy Renner carried me through Ghost Protocol)