Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - Part 2

It's been awhile, but here we are with Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - Part 2, just as the title to this blog promises. I posted Part 1 here, if you missed it and wanted to catch up.

First off the bat, I have to say that I'm all around impressed with this series. It's maybe a little too slowly paced and Thank God for Battlestar Galactica, right? But otherwise its quality is ridiculously high. Most web films you get are either purposefully crappy--because why bother, it's just a web film and besides script is really the most primary of importance--or they're accidentally crappy--because they lack the funds, resources, talent, or awareness to ever be anything but (the most common type)--so, it's nice to run across a series that is so well-made. The costumes, sets, props, the attention to detail, there's even a Warthog (although, it probably belongs to a slightly too obsessed fan, which is kind of sad, but whatever). The point is: There was no small amount of effort made here and it shows on screen. It's professional, a little derivative and the script could maybe use so tightening, but still... not too bad, kind of good actually.

I'm not sure who made this. I suppose I could look it up, but I won't because I'm not that kind of film head, so I don't really care (and neither do you, most likely... or maybe you do, in which case, look it up yourself), but they're definitely good, whoever they are.

Enough of my prattling on, let's watch...


Oh, no! Angsty Nondescript Troubled White Teenager has Killer Space Asthma or something! And he has collapsed! His white uniform is totally going to get grass-stained now. I hope he doesn't get CPR from Big-lipped British Girl who loooooooves him. Oochi-Goochi-Goo! I wonder what will happen. From the preview? Running, lots of panicked running. And some explosions, naturally.

This episode was a little heavy on Filler, honestly, but I don't think that would bother me as much if it was a longer show with more episodes. Being that there are only three and they're all about fifteen minutes long, I feel like they could have trimmed or made some other decisions while creating their narrative. But who knows? I haven't seen the whole thing yet.

Maybe there's a vision. Maybe there's a plan.

Fingers crossed.

All in all, it was certainly good enough to get me to tune in for next time. I hope you'll join me, Dear Reader, whenever I get around to it. It'll probably be soon, so keep an eye out, because besides the third part of this series, I still have two other short films I want to post, plus I'll be doing updates on my current projects.

When? Soon.

I promise.

Later,
Jon

No comments: