Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pacific Rim and World's End

Lord knows, I love a good poster. Here's two.

The first poster is from Guillermo del Toro's coming soon-ish Giant Robots versus Giant Monsters movie: Pacific Rim. I'm a big fan of the WWII propaganda look. Sure, it's a bit easy and a little cliche, maybe, but I still dig it. Plus, Idris Elba is in it and he's awesome. All in all, this film really appeals to the kid in me. Getting to see a live action, high-budget movie about giant robots fighting some giant monsters is something straight off the ridiculous dream list of things I've always wanted to watch, but knew would never happen, so I never bothered to hope... And now it has, kind of like The Avengers movie. Hmmm, good year.


This second poster is for the third film in the "Cornetto Trilogy" by Edgar Wright, Nick Frost, and Simon Pegg. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are both on my list of favorite movies, really funny, really cool, and surprisingly clever (but not so surprisingly anymore, really, not at this point), so I'm always excited to see what they come up. I believe that this film centers on a group of old college friends getting together for one last go at a legendary bar crawl from their youth that they never finished... and then the End of the World happens, as it will.


Want to know more? Well, rest assured, my friends, if you stop back around here at all in the next few months or so, I'm sure you'll be hearing more about these two films, among others. They are definitely on my radar. Until then, enjoy the awesome posters.

Jon

No comments: