Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - Part 1

Here's another short film series. You may remember me talking about it; I mentioned it a while back.


Below you will find Part One embedded and much like the Left 4 Dead series from the other day, it's not that bad, better even. Two for two so far? A good sign? Maybe. Maybe things are improving along the short fan-film found on the Internet front? Maybe?

Or maybe I'm just jinxing myself.

Whatever.

There is a very familiar new Battlestar Galactica design feel in general, but what can you do? It's an aesthetic, I guess. Regardless, somewhat derivative or not, this one here is all right. A little light on the action, but what little it does do, it does pretty well. And besides, this is the first episode, there is a required amount of character and world introduction and explanation at the start. The bonus is: even though there is a lot of it, it is not undeftly handled. 

All in all, a decent start. Take a look.


Not too bad, right? Do you think Main Nondescript Troubled White Teenager will learn the value of teamwork in time to save his friends from some crisis and prove his worth? Perhaps even sacrificing himself in the process? Will he gain his absent Mother's love and/or respect? Time will tell, my friends. Time will tell.

The British girl looks familiar. I can't place her.

I'll post the rest as it appears,
Jon

No comments: