Thursday, September 20, 2012

Residency Protocol

The fifth and final season of Fringe starts Friday 9/28/12. I am going to watch the hell out of it. Yes, yes, suckmeister-extraordinaire Akiva Goldsman has been often too involved of late (even a little is too much), but it's usually just in a Consulting Producer capacity, so hopefully his touch from here until the end of the show will be minimal.

Hopefully.

I've been watching this show from the beginning (or close enough) and I'd hate for it to completely crash now that we've entered the home stretch. Besides, I'm too eager to see where they're going with this dystopian future to stop now. Yes, William Bell is most likely gone forever now and the two universes have been permanently separated, most likely, for forever, but there's a larger problem. The Observers have revealed themselves to be Conquerors from a far-flung future where the Earth has become uninhabitable. Those black hat bastards have murdered most of the world's population and enslaved those that remain. It is an oppressive time, one without hope. The Fringe team, recently released from a desperate and self imposed suspended animation within a block of amber, have awakened as rebels.

It is a dark and ugly world they return to. They are strangers in a strange land.

Here's a teaser:



And while I will no doubt miss Bolivia's swagger, Walternate's cool menace and Agent Lincoln Lee (both versions), I do love a good Big Brother future dystopia. A nice trade-off, especially when there are liberal doses of super science and super powers thrown in. I'm excited, Fringe turned out to be a great show that I want to see go out on top, something the creators don't exactly excel at... but well, here's hoping, should be fun. Hopefully. Though, to be honest, I'm a little concerned about the fates of both Gene the cow and the Observer known as September.

Gene is probably dead, I suppose... that's sad.
Jon


No comments: