Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Done by Summer's End - Week Four

Short work week.

Four day weekend.

Poor writing output all around.


That's Week Four in a nutshell. Lots of reasons why. Family visits. Sudden holidays. Interesting TV shows. A seething hatred for my current WIP and a general malaise as the universe rubs my nose in the success of others. A resulting lack of motivation. Whatever it was, I didn't get much done this week.


It's frustrating, but I think these moments happen.

And besides, this week will be better. The Scribblerati are meeting tonight. Always fun. Schedule-wise I should have time to catch up on stuff this week. Plus -- silver lining -- I did make some good notes on that other idea that's been nagging at me. Some names, some plot points, some themes, and a couple of little moments. I am really liking the stuff the slow boil I have that thing on is bringing up, should be a good time, once I get to it. Also, I may have made some key decisions regarding the necessity of certain POVs and characters and whatnot, yadda, yadda, yadda, all in preparation for the 2nd draft of my current WIP, so that's good.

Downside? Still no title. I have a working title, but it's shit. I'm totally not keeping it, but nothing else has occurred to me yet, which tells me I haven't quite cracked the story, to be honest. On the other hand, I totally came up with a good starting title for that other thing that is currently on the slow boil bubbling away all interestingly and shit...

REBEL CLEVER GIRL

Eh? Eh? Whatta ya' think? Eh? I like it. I like it a lot. I like the sound and the shape and the taste and the look of it. I like it. Electric. Exciting. I'm into it.


Ok, so... to re-focus, this week I have Chapter 15 to put down and then I'll dig into 16. Big moments. Key moments of the book. No problem. I'll get that done.

Also, note to self: Come up with a fucking title.

Writing, amirite?
Jon

No comments: