Monday, September 10, 2012

Done by Summer's End - Week Five

Two weeks into September, two weeks past the end of August, the end of summer, and I still have three and a half chapters to go. I may have over-estimated how much work I could get done. I may have made a little bit of a miscalculation... just a little...

"everybody remember where we parked..."

But as they say, the best laid plans, yadda, yadda, yadda, rabbits...

The good news is that I finished about a third of Chapter 15 this weekend and I expect to finish the rest of it by the end of this week. I'm anticipating less resistance in general for the remainder of the next two chapters, as the bulk of them were written during the initial short story way back when. I don't intend to use the original work as is, of course, I will be adjusting and tweeking and rewriting, tossing some sections, keeping others. I assume it will be more like editing than writing, but oh well. Regardless, these old sections should go a long way towards speeding up my goal of completing my shitty first draft finally, a moment I am very much looking forward to. After that, there's only one full chapter and one final half chapter/epilogue left to complete, which means I may be able to salvage this project after all just by simply pushing it back along the calendar and changing the name to: Done by September's End.

Woooo! Easy victory! Wooo!

Other than that, hmmmm, let's see... Huh, I guess that's it for now. Well alrighty then.

Tune in next week, kids!
Jon

No comments: