Friday, April 13, 2012

Looper

I've got blog-back-up, people. Things have slowed to a crawl around here. Ask any long time reader and they will tell you, this happens from time to time. I get busy, busy, busy and I end up neglecting my blog, it is as inevitable as the tides. So bearing that in mind, this time I planned ahead. If things grabbed my attention or an interesting idea presented itself or if a cool topic occurred to me, I wrote them down as the beginning of new blog post and then I saved them with the intention of returning in the coming days and weeks, finishing them up quickly and posting them.

Turns out, it was the "finish them up quickly" part that was the real sticking point.

Oops. Shit happens. 'Scuse.

So, as inevitable as my ignoring of the blog is, it's flip-side--my frantic and intensive return--is equally as inescapable. It's time to start making up for the egregious slight I perpetrated against all of you, my dear, dear readers. It's time to post. It's time to blog. It's time to put the fun back in... uh... well... fuuuuuuuuuuun, I guess. However you want to phrase it, the long and the short of it is: I'm back at it and ready to rock. I've got an updates post in the works. I've got a post-Big Book Launch post. I've also got a couple of "things I like" and "things I'm looking forward to" posts.

It's a Post-a-copia.

So the first post back is a little late, at least as far as my movie-head friends are concerned, but for all you normals out there this will be a barn-burner. Some of you may recall my List of 20 films I'm looking forward to, others among you may not, to whom I say: pay better attention, jerks...

But I digress.


Anyway, this is the trailer for the film occupying the #3 spot, a film it might be fair to say would have been my #1 most anticipated film, if not for a pair of films with a somewhat unfair advantage coming out of the gate. The film is called Looper and it's directed by Rian Johnson, who directed Brick, which I love. It stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt and it's an original sci-fi movie about, well... just watch the trailer.



Can't wait.

Can't wait,
Jon

No comments: