Monday, January 30, 2012

The last day of January (Stuff)

After an initial flurry of posting to start off the year, I slacked off again, reverted to type, if you will. And I know, I know, if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, but really, I've been busy. I'm a working man, folks, just trying to put a little money in my pocket. Working man, not as in: "at a job", but more like: "on stuff." I'll post something about all of that in the coming days and weeks, most likely. Also, I usually comment on the Oscars around this time of year, but have you seen the list? Sure, there's a couple of good nominations, but mostly this year's list seems like the best possible illustration of what a hum-drum year it was at the movies. I mean, I'll probably get around to that... maybe, but I'm not excited about it.

So, I can hear you now, Dear Reader, if I'm not going to blather on about all of that shit, then what exactly are we all here for?

Just some stuff, some stuff I like.

Let's take a look...

I almost forgot about this trailer. This is fantastic. The 2nd season of HBO's Game of Thrones. The books are great, the first season was perfect. I can't wait for this one. Of course it will take forever for me to see it, because HBO is full of assholes that won't let you just pay and download each episode like a normal god damn person and instead they demand that you subscribe to their shitty channel, just to get internet access to a STREAMING copy of each episode. Fuckers. I hate HBO. Too bad their shows are so good... Jerks. Anyway, this:



Love it. Book Two is even crazier than the first one. I can't wait.

This is the Ferris Bueller trailer that is going to show during the Superbowl.



Not bad, not great. A lot of the jokes seemed a little too easy, more of the "Remember this?" variety, then clever, you know? Am I an idiot for being a little disappointed? Probably. Is it wrong that I still want a full length movie? Yes, it is, I know it is, but still....

Moving on, Avatar the last Airbender was one of the best animated shows ever--great characters, great storyline, imaginative and fun. Highly recommended (the movie was absolute garbage, forget it ever happened). Anyway, here's the sequel to the cartoon. It's a new world, a new conflict, a new cast, and a new Avatar and she's a... What? A girl? That's crazy pants!



Looks awesome, can't wait. You can find more clips over at Io9.

Next is Bobcat Goldthwait's latest film. I've been a fan since Shakes the Clown--which was...genius, pure genius--and like all his stuff, God Bless America is dark and mean and funny.



I suppose there's something that could be said for the growing amount of "mad as hell and armed to the teeth" type of films lately that have been popping up out there, but... meh. Besides, I do hate people who talk in movie theatres. And honestly, I only watch My Sweet Sixteen on MTV to hate the people on it, so...

Here's a film recently nominated for Best Foreign Language film and it is getting a ton of buzz.



Hormone Mafia? If it was me, I'd want to change our group's name.

And this last one? Well, this last one here is called: Wastelander Panda



Uh... wha--what? I... hmmm. That was kind of awesome. But it'd probably work better as a cartoon, right? I mean, the key to it all is in the face, striking the balance between sympathetic human emotion and reminding us that he is still a bear when they need to, and that mask just doesn't quite cut it. It needs to be able to snarl. Still, pretty awesome.

Anyway, later Gators,
Jon

No comments: