Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dragon Age: Redemption - Saarebas (Episode 6)

I wasn't paying attention, so I missed the initial posting, but for those of you out there who care even less about this thing than I do and yet are somehow still interested: The sixth and final episode of the most epic of all LARPing getaway weekends is finally here! Dragon Age: Redemption, comin' in hot! Will Uber nerd-cutie Felicia Day and her stalwart posse of AD&D misfits stick the landing or will they fall flat on their collective faces, and more importantly, will there be a discernible difference between those two options?

Ha! I kid because I love.

Let's watch...



Touching. Truly, truly touching. Has there ever been a more bittersweet victory. I ask you? I know I, for one, felt it in the cockles of my heart, maybe below the cockles, maybe in the sub-cockle area. Maybe in the liver. Maybe in the kidneys, maybe even in the colon. I don't know. The fact remains: I was touched. Moved. Single tear. Also, I love the ridiculous Bionic Woman jump there during the end. Awesome!

Alright, so that's done! Let's move on, shall we?

How about a few palette cleansers, hmmm?

Let's start with this little ditty here. This here is a G.I. Joe fan film by a fellow by the name of Mark Cheng. It stars a few old Joe favorites and then throws in a couple of surprise guest stars at the end. Sure, it's cheesey, melodramatic, over-wrought and more than a little silly, but hey... it is a G.I. Joe fan film, whattaya'want?



And continuing in that vein, next we have another fan film with a few surprise guest stars. It's called Batman: Dead End and it starts out as your basic Batman versus Joker run of the mill showdown, no big deal for the most part, except for the fact that it's the best representation of the cloth Bat suit to be put on film, but then it takes a turn and becomes kind of awesome. It's a classic fan film (and the type of idea that would kill at the box office) and even though it's from a few years ago, I still think it's one of the better put together and all around more professional looking of these type of things, even though some of the dialogue is... ahem... a bit heavy-handed. Anyway, enjoy.



And finally, here's French Batman...



Sacre Bleu, mes ami! Les Poisson! Les Poisson! Hee Hee Hee! Haw Haw Haw!

That was french...

So, yeah. Am I behind on my Walking Dead reviews? Yes. Yes, I am. But I will get to last week's episode hopefully tomorrow or maybe by Friday. Maybe. Soon, definitely. I think I deserve the slack, I mean, after all, I was early last week, remember? Right?

That's what I thought.

Anyway, keep a look out for next week, my dear Readers, because not only will I have another review up, this one for the more recent Walking Dead episode (the one from last Sunday), but I've got some updates to report on too, not to mention a new project direction to announce, so I'll have a few things to blog about. After that, it's just a quick slide into December and the last gasping breath of the year 2011 and I think all you long time readers out there know what that means, right?

End of the year lists.

They're coming.



Try to contain yourselves,
Jon

No comments: