Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dragon Age: Redemption - Cairn (Episode 2)

Here is Part Two of these things, starring professional nerd Felicia Day as a sassy elf tumbler. Part One can be found here. Yes, I know this series is silly, silly looking too, like Xena and Star Trek had several gangly, socially awkward babies and those babies grew up to become a bunch of LARPers with disposable cash who liked to spend their weekends out at a buddy's Grandpa's field with a video camera and an abandoned Ren Faire costume trailer, but what can you do? It's an "adventure" web-series set in a video game's world, so I think it's safe to assume that the super cool quality boat has already set sail, my friend.

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure...



Come on! He can do what? What can he do? What was that? Was that one of those hairspray in the palm fireball tricks? Those exist, right? Or did I dream it up? Ooooooh, damn you, cliffhanger, I need answers! Damn you to hell!

I guess I'll just have to wait...

So, what else... Hey, I know! Do you guys want to see something that might be neat? Hmmmmmm? Well, too bad, because I'm gonna show you anyway!



Alright, alright, that looks alright, maybe. There's some cool stuff going on in there, some pretty good effects, and a little "absolute power corrupts absolutely" for the storyline... I'm interested. Looks like it could be fun.



Oh, ho-ho! How deliciously ribald!

Now, I know some folks were down on the first film, and I will concede it had some pacing problems, but... I enjoyed it. I liked Downey and Law, I think they had a good chemistry. I liked the look as well, even though I'm pretty down on steampunk in general as a (non)genre, I think it had the right balance of that kind of stuff. I also liked the interpretation of the character, not so stodgy, not so stiff, a little dramatic license, sure, but also true to Doyle's original version. All in all, a good time. Ok, yeah, sure, the drag joke sucks, sue me. I'm still gonna go see it.

Finally, this last one is one of the best things you'll see today. I love that people do this kind of thing. So, what this is, is the "sweded" version of the Avengers trailer. Watch the real version first. You can see it here. Then come back and watch this. Then laugh and laugh and laugh... Ah, good times...



Good times.
Jon

No comments: