Saturday, June 4, 2011

Movies to see this weekend

My last post was a little depressing, and I haven't posted much in the past month, so I figured I have some catching up to do and I thought: What better way to get back into the swing of things with some movie talk? More specifically: Let's talk about what movies you should go see this weekend. So, with that in mind, I pulled up three (actually four, if you count Bridesmaids... which you should since it is one of the funniest movies this year) trailers for your viewing pleasure. WOOOO!

1. X-men: First Class

I know, I know, I've previously talked about how I was pretty uninterested in this flick, but the trailers (see below) have been getting more and more intriguing and cool. Plus, the reviews are really good and not just from the simpletons, either. The haters have been loving this flick, people... The HATERS!?!? Also, do you remember Jennifer Lawrence from Winter's Bone (if the answer is "no", then you need to go rent that movie now, you half-asser), anyway, she's playing Mystique. That's awesome. I'm ready. Let's watch the trailer together, shall we? SHALL WE?



2. 13 Assassins

They say it's Miike's Seven Samurai for the 21st Century. They say that the last forty minutes is a climatic samurai action extravaganza unlike anything you've ever seen. They say it's amazing. They say it's awesome. I am definitely going this week.



3. Attack the Block

A bunch of inner city London kids versus invading space aliens, but hardcore. Not cute, but kick ass. The festival buzz on this film is through the roof. You might not be able to see it anywhere yet, it's just starting its American release, but keep your eye out. It'll come and when it does, you should go. Everything I've read about this film is calling this fantastic.



So there you go. Three movies (four, counting Bridesmaids) that you should go see as soon as possible. That's my plan for this week.

At the movies,
Jon

No comments: