Friday, May 6, 2011

A brief Brief and an abridged Abridgment

So, I've been pretty quiet lately, right?

It's true, lordy, lordy, how it's true. I've been down right nonparticipatory, haven't I? Now, I know what you're thinking. I know how you fret. What's going on? Am I okay? This silence is so unlike me. Surely you would have heard at least something out of me by now... right?

Well, the short answer is this: "Don't worry, I'm fine."

While the longer answer is this: "Don't worry, I'm fine. And don't call me Shirley."

And this is what the answer would look like if it were written in a traditional below-the-mason-dixon-line southern accident: "Why, what? Me? Aw... now, don't ya'll go worryin' yo'selves 'bout little ol' me. Why Ah'm just fine, Ah promise ya'. Ah'm just fine. Ain't you sweet..."

As my long time readers will no doubt assure all you Noobs, this is how it sometimes goes around these here parts. I'm sure by now you've all experienced the mysterious refrain I offer, after reappearing from a prolonged vanishing from this here little old blog of mine for a piece or two, right?

Yep, that's right, "I've been busy," that's right.

And this time, I want you all to know that when I'm saying "busy" I'm not actually saying "lazy" or "drunk". I swear. Really. For reals, this time. I'm not going to say too much more, for fear of a jinx (knock on wood), so you'll just have to trust me, but there is some serious shit brewing, kids... big time. What, you want a hint? Well, allow me to first posit a bit of a poser to you: Have you been keeping an eye on my Query Status sidebar lately? Hmmm? Have you?

There's movement out there, kids, there are things in the mist...


I don't know what it is yet, but it might be something... something big, so I'm planning on hanging out a bit and just waiting and seeing awhile, know what I mean? Don't worry, I'll pop in some this month from time to time. I know I'll probably have some words to say about Thor, at least, after I see it, but otherwise expect this to be a bit of a lean month, blog-wise... because something else has my attention.

And it's big...


Cross your fingers and wish me luck,
Jon

No comments: