Monday, April 4, 2011

The Game of Thrones

Oh my, oh my, oh my, here it is, the first fourteen minutes of the first episode of HBO's adaptation of the first book in the phenomenal George R. R. Martin's Songs of Ice and Fire fantasy series: The Game of Thrones.

And let me tell you... No, no, no, let me tell you... it looks good, folks. That's right, you heard me. It looks good. In fact, it looks really good. Really good! The Brothers of the Nightwatch? The White Walkers? Winterfell? House Stark? Ser Rodrik Cassel and his great whiskers? The list goes on and on. And it all looks great. Seriously now, I pooped myself! Figuratively, of course, but still, I watched this and I figuratively pooped myself. That's how much I loved it!

Or, as David St. Hubbins would say: I'm wet.

April 17th is the big day, my dear and constant readers, which means that little ol' yours truly here has just under two weeks to figure out a way to see this without having to resort to actually paying for cable and/or HBO, because that bullshit ain't gonna happen. The crazy part is--the flip-side if you will--is that, if they'd just let me pay for the download, either from them or from Itunes, I don't care which, but if they would just let me pay for the download, I would... but they don't, so up their butts.

Up their butts big time.

Anyway, here it is. Watch it. Watch it again. Then love it, love it with all of your heart.



Woooo!
Can't wait.
Can. Not. Wait.

No comments: