Friday, December 3, 2010

Black Swan

Darren Aronofsky is a director who either amazes me (The Wrestler) or bores me (The Fountain). This one looks like it will be amazing. I love the very subtle creep of weird into her normal world, slow and unnoticed until it is too late and then it has her by the throat... Fantastic and creepy.



Love it. I can't wait.

So anyway, while I freely acknowledge that it's more than a little bit premature to start talking about end of the year lists when there is still a whole month left, not to mention all the "slipped in right at the end of the year for Oscar consideration" films, but it's about that time again, and with two movies coming soon that I'm excited to see, I've started thinking about what I liked this year, so here you go.

I expect this film and True Grit to both end up highly placed on my favorites of the year list, along with Winter's Bone, The Social Network, Toy Story 3, Inception, Scott Pilgrim, and Iron Man 2 (shocker). Sure, that's not quite a top ten, but then the year isn't over yet and I still have things I need to watch, plus things I have to remember that I watched and liked (I watch a lot of movies, they blend sometimes...).

For the curious, here's some of the potential honorable mentions that may round out the list eventually, depending on how slow this somewhat crappy year actually turns out to be: Kick-Ass, How to Train Your Dragon, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire.

I'll put out the final list next year, sometime mid-Janurary most likely.

Stay tuned...
Jon

No comments: