Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back in the saddle (special Sunday edition)

I've got things to do today.

Laundry? Sure. Dishes? Fuckin' A, man, Little Ms. Super Cute Wife made a big time dinner last night and if you know Little Ms. Super Cute, then you also know that big time dinners means big time messes, so yeah... dishes too. I also have reading to do for the Scribblerati meeting on this coming Tuesday that I haven't gotten started on yet (but I will today, pinkie swear).

And it all goes without saying that I need to get back to doing some writing as well, hopefully tonight. I've trunked "Bloodsuckers in the Cattle" pending a reworking and I'm eyeing the novelization of my comic script "The Scrappers", preparing for my return, as it were. I've also begun tapping away at the reworking of the story I had intended to submit to that future Twin Cities Anthology that I missed the deadline on, it's called "Monster" and at the moment, it's about Dragon Hunters in a dystopian future... see, they're pretty mean people, the dragon hunters, so... you know... who's the real Monster, all that... see what I did there?

Anyway, the biggest news, as you keen eyed regular readers may have already spotted, The Little Things has been given wing and taken flight. It's out there, people. It has begun its journey. And now we wait for a response. This first site I'm sending to says it can take anywhere from a couple of days to about two months for its decision process. Fingers crossed.

So now, since that is sent out and in limbo for the time being and before I do all that other stuff I mentioned (and settle in for some Football... go Bears), I'm gonna spend a little time with my Gunslingers of the Apocalypse queries. There are three that are currently well past their stated "will respond if interested" time frames, I believe, so I'm going to go ahead and count them as "Nos" and send out a couple of new ones. Onward and upwards, right?

Looking ahead, I'm starting my Loft class in a couple of weeks, so I'm excited about that. But other than that? I'm working at it, keeping busy; I've got some things on the horizon. So yeah, Special Sunday Edition, so this is a short one. Wish me luck on my shit and take care of yourselves out there in Internet land.

Jon

No comments: