Friday, June 11, 2010

Hey everybody!

Woo-Hoo! Celebration! Yeah! Fucking wedding, right?

Right!

So, I am pleased to report that the wedding went off without a hitch… or, well, actually WITH a hitch, I guess I should say, but at least it was the good kind… Anyway, it was great. Many, many thanks to all y’all who showed up and partook of the festivities and the now legendary Cup-cake Tree. It was great to see everyone and I hope a good time was had by all. I know I had one; personally, I drank more in those three days than I may have in the last three years… So, with that in mind, if you’re here looking for a wedding recap, you are out of luck and should head on over to the Scribblerati Blog to check out the latest post there. It’s a cooperative effort all about the good friends and good times the people shared this past weekend with me and Little Ms. Super-cute once Fiancé and now Wife. It’s a four parter, with each part individually authored by my awesome and illustrious fellow Scribblerati Agents. It’s a real good time, so make sure to go and take a look.


Alright then, let’s get into it, shall we?

Shall we?

Ok, so now that the wedding is all done and the many awesome and thoughtful gifts and well-wishes (Thanks again) have been opened and life is slowly but surely righting itself back once again upon its usual track, it’s time for me to get back to work. It’s time to make the doughnuts, baby, time to get my nose back to the grindstone. Hi motherfuckin’ Ho, you know?

That’s right, kids, it’s been awhile, but it looks like it is that time again….

UPDATES!

Gunslingers of the Apocalypse:

The machine is up and running once again. The book is done (ish) and there are currently five (5) queries out there, doing what they do. This means, of course, that there is not too much we can do on our end, not at this point, nothing except wait… and agonize…

Bastard out of Minnesota:

There will be some revisits here, some re-familiarizations and what not, but for the most part this WIP (That’s: Work in Progress) is in a holding pattern, circling, circling, circling, waiting for clearance to come on in for a landing. This is for two (2) reasons: 1. It's not the best idea to spend ALL of my time on the second book in a proposed series when the first book has yet to even garner representation. And 2. I need to work my writing muscles out a bit, you know… limber them up some and get them back up to speed. It’s been awhile since I’ve really sat down and spent some dedicated pen-to-paper work work work time, so I’m planning on easing on back into it.

And how do I plan to do this?

Short stories:

Not really my thing, but I’m going to give it a shot and see what I can put out. There’s plenty of paying markets out there (to greater or lesser degrees), sites like Asminov’s or Strange Horizons. I could also try Brain Harvest again, if I ended up doing a short-short. Also, I should mention that fellow Scribblerati Agent Claudia passed an e-mail amongst us about a local anthology, so I might try out something for that one too. In a nutshell: There are many options.

Whatever.

Point being: I need the short term focus to help me get back into the saddle, not to mention the practice, and there are some actual do-able options out there that just might, if I’m lucky, lead to a pay day. That’s an all around good deal, if you ask me. To that end, I’ve been mentally preparing these last few weeks, ramping up to the main event, if I may. I bought myself a Moleskine Notebook a little bit ago, (favored by Hemingway, Van Gogh, and Picasso… or so the website claims…). It’s just a little pocket one, but it has quickly become my new idea repository—not to be confused with my idea Suppository… gross—it’s very convenient and I’ve already loaded a couple of potentially good ideas into it. So, starting tonight actually, I’ll be working on those while playing the query waiting game.

So that’s it, all my new news in a quick and easily digestible package. I’ll keep you abreast of any new developments—pinkie swear. Until then, and as always my dear and faithful readers, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Jon

No comments: