Sunday, May 23, 2010

Done! Finished! Fertig!

That's right, my friends, I am done. And by that I mean, I am DONE done, baby, as in: stick a fork in me. This is why I've been gone so much lately, chronically absent of late, as it were, from the blog-o-sphere (one of the reasons, at least). I was in the homestretch, I was grinding it out, workin'... know what I mean? And now:


Finished.

Now, that's not to say that I'm not still open to feedback, because I am, but as far as I am concerned, and more importantly, as far as my Query Process is concerned: I am done.

Final tally:

GUNSLINGERS OF THE APOCALYPSE

157,913 words total (19,910 words cut)

585 pages, double spaced, 12 point font (38 pages cut)

4 years of blood, sweat, tears, and ink

And after a thorough Adverb hunt--during which I was stunned at how many times the word "suddenly" appeared in my book--it is now the embodiment of what I intended; truly, it is the Dewey Oxberger of unpublished novels: a lean, mean, fighting machine...

At least, as far as I can tell...

Either way: DONE!

WOOOOO!

And now? Tonight? Well, tonight will be a brief respite, perhaps a movie or two and some reading for the next Scribblerati meeting. But tomorrow? Tomorrow, the work continues. Tomorrow, I return to the Query Process. Tomorrow, I dive back into the fray. Onwards and upwards, my friends. Ever onwards and upwards.

Yours,
Jon

No comments: