Friday, April 23, 2010

Jesus H. Christ on a cracker!

WTF, people? WTF!

From Nikki Finke at Deadline Hollywood:

"But why in the world would anybody want to see Avatar in only 2D? Or want to own the laserdisc of its tech generation? In a stripped-down, zero-extras version? Still, 20th Century Fox tells me that Avatar has "blown away" the first day Blu-ray record held by Warner Bros' The Dark Knight which sold 600K units in North America and the UK. Whereas Fox sold 1.5 million units in the U.S. and Canada. (And yet the yutzes in 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment didn't bother to send out a press release.) A so-called special edition comes out later in 2010, and the 3D edition in 2011."

I am flabbergasted.

1 comment:

Shawn Enderlin said...

My dad was always a big fan of "Jesus Christ on a rubber crutch." I don't know what it means but it always made me feel like I needed to go to confession and I wasn't even Catholic at the time. Haha!

PS I agree. I ain't buying it either. Us and Nikki F.