Monday, December 14, 2009

Status: Sad face

Two more rejections in the past few days.

ugh...

The first was just a quick, one-off, semi-form letter type rejection from an Agency that I don't quiet remember having queried in the first place. I haven't updated my Query Tracking Spreadsheet (my QTS) yet, so the possibility exists that this was, in actuality, a preemptive rejection from a very efficient Agent... maybe.

The second rejection, sadly, was from the Agent I would have preferred to get, the one that had the 60 page sample. This was my first big strike out. She did write a nice little note back to me and included some thoughts and comments and recommendations and an offer for a re-submission at a later date with a re-worked version, or with something else entirely, so, that's kind of encouraging... all things considered... I guess. On the plus side, the main problem she had with the sample was different from the problem the last Agent had, so at least there isn't one huge glaring thing wrong. Of course, on the minus side... that could be also construed as being indicative of the existence of several problems. Be that as it may, at the moment, I choose to see it as a reflection of personal taste.

So, from here on out:

Well, there are still four queries currently out there and I will send out more tonight. After the holidays, I will be checking on their statuses. Also, I've been working on cutting the book's over-all length, so that continues. And the newest bit, per the recent response, I will be taking a look at the structure of the thing at the same time.

Le sigh...

The quest continues... Onward and upward.

1 comment:

Shawn Enderlin said...

i know i said it at the meeting, but i'll say it again: that blows...