Monday, November 9, 2009

Request for full

Well...

So, I got a request for the full manuscript.

One of the two agents who had previously asked for an initial sample of Gunslingers of the Apocalypse (thirty pages specifically) e-mailed me on Friday and asked for the whole thing. They stated in their e-mail that they would "love to read more."

Now, maybe I'm reading into that statement a bit too much, but the word "love" really jumped out at me. Don't you think that the use of that word indicates that they already like it? Don't you think that the use of that word "love" denotes feelings of not just professional interest (in which case I think they would have simply written: "I'm interested in reading the whole thing"), but ones of actual personal enjoyment as well? Doesn't that seem like a reasonable supposition on my part? Or do you think I'm reading into it too much?

Hurm... We shall see.

It is certainly my hope, at least.

Anyway, I'm going to send it out in a couple of days here, after first taking a moment to obsess over it one last time. This is a moment that is both nerve-racking for me and also one of resigned calm. I mean, the way I look at it, at this point, it's down to the wire. Yay or nay, either way, it's done. No more next level in the submissions process, at least, as far as this particular agent is concerned. Either way, I move up or I move on. So, either way, I'm feeling pretty good.

I mean, I made it to the final round in the submissions process in just over 5 weeks while still on my first six Queries ever... That's not bad, people. That's not bad at all. In fact, you know how I look at that? You know what I see this as?



A Victory.

2 comments:

the library bird said...

yup, you rule!

Shawn Enderlin said...

Totally!

Don't forget me when you get that movie deal. :-)