Thursday, July 16, 2009

Well now...

This blog goes out to my good friend, and yours, Marshall Banana -- you keep making them babies, baby --

So, today, I was going to blog about the new Loft Catalog and the courses that I’m interested in taking for Fall 2009, and maybe make a few class recommendations for any of you Jon-o-philes out there, who may have inspired by me to start their own writing, but as of yet are unsure as to where to begin their journey, BUT... I guess one of the many benefits of being a Loft member is that you receive the catalog well before the info actually hits the website, so I’ll have to save that particular ramble for another day.

In the interim, I’m going to talk about myself… Hmmm... No, wait… actually I’m going to talk about Iron Man 2. More specifically, I’m going to post this…



Hey! Dirty... Uh! Baby, I got your money, don't you worry, said: Hey! Sing it! Baby, I got your money! ....Sexy, sexy, sexy! ...Sexy, sexy, sexy!

Oh-la-la! Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow... not bad...

Then, as an added bonus, you take that bit of uber-coolness and you put it together with this piece of awesomeness:


Mickey Rourke as Whiplash...and brother, you put all that together and what does it look like? Let me tell you, it looks like -- once again -- the Iron Man franchise might be shaping up to be something good... I mean, I don't want to get my hopes up too much, not yet, but still. Could Jon Fave... Favre... The guy from Swingers, actually have the chops to create a franchise that holds together, that delivers?

Maybe.

Possibly.

Still too early to tell.

But let me assure you, kids, the bones are being cast and it looks like all portents are pointing toward: Fuck yeah!

In all honesty, though, the first sequel... sure, it can go bad, big time, I mean, Scarlett's russian accent alone could easily Jar Jar the fuck out of this film, but generally, the first sequel, your number two, that's your easy one, your gimme. It's the third movie that is your true test and that one is still a ways off, so the future of the franchise is a moot point for now. I will say this, though, it was around this time, back before the first one really started to ramp up, when we got our first peek at the Mark 1 armor (Mark 1? Goddamn movie terms... FYI, in the comics world, its called: The Gray Armor.) Anyway, it was about this time, a few years back, when we got our first glimpse and went... huh... Could it be? Could this movie be awesome?

Well, I'm starting to get that feeling again, folks...


Oh yeah... I'm tingly.

6 comments:

Marshall Banana said...

I feel so honored to be mentioned, and I'll let my baby know your thinking about her.

I just hope Scarlett's Russian accent isn't as bad as her British accent. Are there no hot, acrobatic, evil looking Russian actress's anymore? I thought that was the only way they came in the box over there?

thedailysb said...

They have to cast known entities to appease American movie execs. Maybe they want to catch Scarlett's box office magic from The Spirit. Anyone? Anyone?

Is this thing on?

Jon said...

Look at her... look at the picture... she's ACTING... "I'm crawling... I'm crawling like a spider! Rawr! I'm dangerous.... crawling... gonna get cha!"

She's so fucking method.

Marshall Banana said...

You got me, how can I argue with that superior logic.

I only wish she had glued the other 4 legs on her back.

astrid mandelbaum said...

I'm sure it'll be terrible, but I'll watch it because Robert Downey Jr is a little hot piece of man meat.

Jon said...

I don't even know what language you're speaking... Is that English?