Thursday, July 9, 2009

District 9

Big year for the number 9 with me, I guess.

Check this out:

District 9

Neat!

Peter Jackson produces and WETA is doing the special effects. Neill Blomkamp is the director and a co-writer, along with someone named Terri Tatchell, and neither one has much of note listed on their credits, maybe the almost-happened Halo movie deserves a mention, but not really. It doesn't really matter though, because after seeing this trailer, come August 14th... I am there and you should be too.

Sidebar: In case you were wondering, I've been a little busy with book stuff and sitting on my ass and what not, all of which has precluded my actually having been able to go to any movies of late. The up-side to that is that I have now built up a little bit of a backlog as far as movies that I want to see goes and it's always nice to have a list of movies to be excited about.

So here's my list of movies, besides District 9, that I want to see, for those of you keeping track at home:

1. Public Enemies
2. Moon
3. Hurt Locker
4. Bruno
5. Brothers Bloom
6. 9
7. Wolverine

I know, I know, Wolverine is crap, but it's playing at the $2 theatre down the street, so why not? Besides, I think I'm required by law to go to these things now that Obama is in office. Regardless of all that though, I am in zero hurry to see Transformers: Revenge of the Crapiest. Between the fact that the first one was really, really, mind-numbingly stupid and that this one is obviously no different, there's always the inclusion of the Sambots, if I needed any help to put a sour taste in my mouth and convince me not to bother, so... ah... no, thanks.

Did you take a look at that link? That's kind of gross, huh?

Yeah, and it kind of sucks to end this particular blog entry on that note, too... so... here's some lovely Scarlett Johansson action to help cleanse your palette...



Mmmm... that's nice...

7 comments:

Marshall Banana said...

I have never understood your lust for Scarlett Johansson. She always has this look on her face like she is trying to read something 2 grade levels higher than her ability.

Jon said...

Just so we're clear... That's a bad thing...? Yes? No?

Marshall Banana said...

I just think that she should leave 6th grade reading to the sixth graders.

zoey said...

hate to rain on your parade, but District 9 has the distinct look of a movie whose effects will be laughable, while they remained disguised in a jumpy, slickly edited trailer. and Public Enemies kinda smacks of Young Guns, too many pretty boys running around with guns in funny hats. Meh.

zoey said...

Moon looks bleak. wow. that's almost as bad as a handicapped submarine movie.

Jon said...

What's a "handicapped submarine movie"?

Is that like the little Engine that could?

zoey said...

no - more like a claustrophobia nightmare. i had tinges of it during Walle, too.