Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Milestone

Good news, good news, good news, my Gentle and Constant Readers! In fact, it's better than good news, it's awesome news!

Big time, awesome news!

A personal marker has recently been reached, a milestone all of my own, if you will...

That's right, the West Coast half of the Twin Star Copy Editor Sukiyaki Death Squad Girls has completed her edits on Gunslingers of the Apocalypse! Wooooooooo!

Also, at this very moment, the Midwest Sukiyaki Death Squad Girl is hard at work in the "three digit page count left" area... but not for much longer. I have been informed that she is very quickly homing in on the end run, as well.

This is fantastic! Fan-fucking-tastic!

Both of them have made, or are making, a supreme effort for very, very little recompense, certainly no where near what they are worth, and I am very, very, very much appreciative of this and eternally in their debt. They do excellent work, people, excellent! Seriously, if you find yourself with the means of which to obtain a pair of Twin Star Copy Editor Sukiyaki Death Squad Girls, I highly recommend you do so, for they are so very choice.

But the best part? As a result of all this, the hour finally approaches! The day grows late and my destiny awaits me! I am chomping at the bit to charge forth! Q Day, my friends! Q Day! Soon, oh so soon, so soon that I can taste it, soon, I will begin to send out the queries. Soon, the e-mails will flow forth from me like a mighty river!

Crom, I have never prayed to you before... I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad, why we fought, or wrote, or why we died. No, all that matters is that I stood against many, that's what's important. Valor pleases you, Crom, so grant me one request, grant me SUCCESS!

And if you do not listen, then the hell with you!

Days, folks, I'm talking mere days here, mere days (maybe weeks) until I reach the end of a long, long and lonesome highway... so I'll be busy here, kids, for a bit, I need to arrange stuff, to gather my info, and to generally prepare...you know... so, long story short (too late), I'm sure you will all forgive me if I'm not around, even more than usual, in the weeks ahead. I got responsibilities and previous engagements and all that. I'm going to be focusing on task.

But wait! There's more!

More what? Why, more good news, my friends!

Just last night, I finally managed to hammer the first chapter of Bastard out of Minnesota into a usable shape. It's not perfect, but it's done... for now, at least. I feel satisfied enough that I managed to accomplish what I wanted to do and to say what I wanted to say, enough that I can submit it to the Sparkle-ball Death-bunnies, that is, and can then freely plow onward and upward.

But even more so? Guess what turned out to be a pleasantly surprising up side of having had this whole hitching start thing? Well, in these intervening days of sweat and blood and toil, I have also managed to solidify certain dangling and loose, future plot points and I gotta say, I am now very pleased with their subtle co-mingling of threads... Very pleased... It's almost as if I intended it to work out that way... Shhhh.

Also!

I have contacted Zander Cannon about the Conspiracy. He's going to take the group's temperature as far as adding writers and what not, so fingers crossed on that shit, kids. I'm looking forward to playing around with the mini-comics, so hopefully, it will work out.

And that's it, that's all the news that fits. My wheels are free of the mud, chewing up pavement and burning rubber. There's some big shit waiting right over the horizon for me, folks, and I am hauling ass straight for it, so get ready and I'll do my best to keep you all updated.

Wish me luck!

In the meantime...


6 comments:

zoey said...

i don't know what to do with my free time anymore. life was so simple when every spare moment could be quickly and satisfyingly filled by working on your book. le sigh.

send me the new chapter? i'm in zombie withrdrawal.

but seriously, you rock. you are going to peel out toward that glowing horizon, laying 15 feet of black rubbersnake out on the highway behind you as you rip-roar toward the glorious successes in your future.

don't forget us little people when you reach the top! (oh the bubbles, the merry little bubbles...)

Jon said...

A cascading waterfall cherries breaks overhead...

I'll send the latest chapter later tonight. I'm gonna do one more quick pass... (glances furitively about)... while at work... Shhhh. It's still pretty rough, but it's almost there.

Thanks for all the amazing work. I really owe you. I really appreciate it.

Now you just need to get pen back to paper...

Marshall Banana said...

So does this mean that I will soon be reading your book Jon!? Can't wait, and like I said I will be the head of your fan art section. This is good, almost as good as killing your foes and hearing the lamentations of thier women...almost.

Jon said...

Yes, that truly is what is best in life.

Hey, you should check out the Conspiracy. As a semi-professional doodler, I think you'd enjoy it.

Jungle Woody said...

Wake up and smell the napalm Boy, it smells like....

Jon said...

Victory?

How's Japan?