Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

I know I’ve said this to you all before, Gentle Reader, and I don’t mean to whine, but you know what? Lately I’ve felt like I haven’t had time for anything. My weekend wasn’t as relaxing as I hoped and now… man, I am looking forward to some sleep. Of course, that’s after I have finished all of the other stuff I've got on deck tonight… so hopefully I’ll be in bed by midnight… hopefully.

Like I said, I’ve been busy.

Not that I’m not getting stuff done, I am, why just last night, in fact, the West Coast Branch of the Bad Ass Twin Star Copy Editor Sukiyaki Death Squad Girls and I knocked out a literal ASS-LOAD of pages on Gunslingers of the Apocalypse. (Just how much, exactly, comprises an ass-load, you ask? Believe you me, cats and kittens, you will know it when you see it, believe you me…Seriously though, its about 50-ish.) I also sketched out a couple of story ideas, for me to plot out some time in the next week or so, in preparation for possible drawing at the next Cartoonist Conspiracy. They’re not much, just a handful of 1-3 pagers and maybe a possibly longer one or two, no biggie, not really, but still, hopefully some fun stuff. Also, since tonight is the Sparkle Ball Death Bunnies bi-monthly meet up, I managed to finish all of the submissions early. Q had a particularly well done addition this time out, as did the Doppelganger, plus we’ll be picking up on the missed stuff from the last meeting… so, yeah, I am getting some stuff done, but it was work, one and all, and it seems like there’s still more stuff waiting to be done, too… there’s new writing, there’s more edits, not to mention the house work and planting the new tree. I still need to clean the cat box, as well, and prepare for the trip this weekend and then… bills, bills, bills… And two jobs. AND wedding stuff! Whew! All I need is a couple days off! (Preach on, Huey Lewis… wherever you are…)

You know what I need to do? I need to get off my ass and win the lottery. I have no one to blame for my lack of winnings but myself, to be honest. I mean, have we learned nothing from the Beastie Boys? When it comes to Lotto, you have to be in it, to win it and quite frankly, I have not been participating…. Wake up, Jon! That Lotto is not gonna win itself!

This week is going to turn into Friday way to quickly, too. This isn’t really a bad thing, especially since this week is the week when my little sister, the Kelsenator, is graduating from High School. I’m not sure how this is possible, since last I checked she was five, but apparently that doesn’t matter in Missouri, so little Ms. Super-cute Fiancée and I are going to motor on down there in order to join in on all of the congratulatory festivities. However, with all of this, this seemingly ton of shit that needs to be addressed, slowly but surely piling up on the home front, the idea of taking off for a long holiday weekend road trip down into the very heart of Midwestern darkness itself, just means that its all going to be more stressful than one would usually expect.

hurm...

On the upside, though, my Dad and I are planning on some golf, which is always fun and usually involves beer. Plus, my Uncle will be there too and I haven’t seen that guy in forever and a day.

Then, on top of all of this other crap, I couldn’t help but notice that I’ve been somewhat lax as of late when it comes to the blog posts. I aim to rectify this situation, starting now, and post something everyday this week. I apologize for my inattentiveness, but as I just finished detailing… I’ve been fucking swamped lately, man.

Anyway, keep checking back all this week, meine kleine freunden, (well… until Thursday, that is… I’m going out of town…) as shit is guaranteed to get a little crazy 'round these here parts, because I plan on blogging like a motherfucker!

WOOOOO!

We'll see how that works out for me…

No comments: