Friday, May 8, 2009

Act III! WOOOOO!!!

That’s the text I just got from L.A., folks.

Do you know what that means? It means that the West Coast branch of the Bad Ass Twin Star Copy Editor Sukiyaki Death Squad Girls has broken past the second act on Gunslingers of the Apocalypse and has now begun edits on… well… the third act… and that means we are now 2/3rds of the way through!

YAY! The End is in sight! YAY!

Not bad for cheap (free) labor, if I do say so myself. Plus, the Hometown branch of the Bad Ass Twin Star Copy Editor Sukiyaki Death Squad Girls is not that far behind either and she is coming up fast! VROOOOM! Look out, Agent Man (or Woman), I’m coming to getcha’!

Celebrate good times, come on! It’s a celebration… Celebrate good times, come on! There’s a party going on right here, a celebration… hey, what’s up?

My co-worker just walked by and gave me a funny look and I’m like what, just because I’m alone in my cubicle, smiling and chair dancing and typing like a maniac (maniac! On the floor! And he’s typing like he’s never typed before!), does that make me some kind of talking-to-myself type of freak? Does that mean I deserve your scorn, your pity? Now, suddenly, I'm the weird-o? I'm not the one wearing acid washed jeans on casual day, lady!

I gave her a quickly raised chin and a lip twitch, all cool guy and shit, you know… the international sigh for: Sup?

She did not return it… jerk.

UPDATES!

I have decided to re-tool chapter one of Bastard out of Minnesota, I had a flash of inspiration the other day and as a result, I have decided to save one part for later on, bump up the other two and add what was to be the first part of chapter two as the last bit of chapter one. I like the flow and set-up much better and I think this is going to help to make the slide into chapter two all the more easy for me. I also rearranged some of the upcoming bits of future chapters and I am very pleased with how that came out AND I also thought up some fucking awesome back-story for a major secondary character that was needed and that not only gets some good greater-world info out there, but will also be a really cool sequence of images. So… suh-weet!

I pleased to announce that the Cartoonist Conspiracy was a good time and with their Meets only scheduled for once a month, there’s not a huge commitment necessary, but it has some real potential to bloom into some interesting possibilities. Self-publishing continues to be of no interest to me at all, but if I was going to go that route, it would be with a comic, so yes, a myriad of possibilities and who knows what may lie ahead…

Also, Little Ms. Super-cute Fiancée is very happy with her ring and that makes her only cuter… in case any of you were wondering…

There are big plans for Mom's Day this weekend, the sudden inclusion of our eventual nuptials has driven both Mothers insane, as they now froth at the mouth like Pavlov's dogs at the mere mention and simply can not WAIT to start planning. Apparently, you have to reserve your Hall up to a year in advance... With all that hoop-la and blah-blah-blah comes a Mother's Day Brunch, the traffic to get there and back again and Little Ms. Super-Cute's neurotic mandatory pre-mother-appearance cleaning freak out, not to mention, a desperate, but most likely doomed before its inception, attempt to see the new Star Trek and the bottom line from here looks like its all going to add up to: no new writing for me. At least, not this weekend. I remain hopeful though, perhaps Sunday afternoon... maybe late tonight... sometime... maybe I'll get some time to mess around, but at the moment, it looks highly unlikely...

Le Sigh...

I guess I'm going to have to swing by the comic shop tonight... so I feel better...

1 comment:

zoey said...

hahaha! "I'm the weird-o? I'm not the one wearing acid washed jeans on casual day, lady!"

i love how ela's now Little Ms. Super-cute Fiancée, btw. adorable!