Thursday, April 2, 2009

Surrendering to the Will of the People

So, both of you long time readers out there may recall that yesterday I decided to take bold action in order to bring in some new blood and thus take this blog, my blog, your blog (but really still mine) to the next level. And today, the results are in.

IT WORKED!

Mere hours after the word “boobs” was first typed into my site, a siren call sounded out across the face of the internet. All across the country, from far off places like Alabama, fingers moved feverishly, pants unzipped in breathless anticipation, Google delivered its finds and as a result, no less than four different people (guys) stumbled across my humble little blog. All of them were led here by the call of sexiness, of “decided braless” and “World beautiful boobs” and “Natalie Portman”. My personal favorite was straight and to the point: "Boob."

However, there’s no denying that unstoppable juggernaut, the current and reigning King of the Goggle searches, the apparent Raison d’ĂȘtre for this blog's existence:

Billy Joel

And at a certain point, even I cannot withstand such an undeniable swell of public opinion, so… ahem:


Uptown girl!
She’s been living in her uptown world
I bet she never had a back street guy (ah- aaaahhh)
I bet her mama never told her why (ah- aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!)

I’m gonna try for an uptown girl (uptown girl!)
She’s been living in her white bread world (white bread wooooorld!)
As long as anyone with hot blood can (hot blood can!)
And now she’s looking for a downtown man (downtown man!)
That’s what I am

And when she knows what
She wants from her time-yime-yime
And when she wakes up
And makes up her mind-yind-yind

She'll see I’m not so tough
Just because
I’m in love with an uptown girl
You know I’ve seen her in her uptown world
She’s getting tired of her high class toys (high class toys!)
And all her presents from her uptown boys (uptown boys!)
She’s got a choice

oh oh oh oh oh oooooooooh oh oh ooooooh oh oh
oh oh oh oh oh oooooooooh oh oh ooooooh oh oh

Uptown girl
You know I cant afford to buy her pearls
But maybe someday when my ship comes in
She'll understand what kind of guy I’ve been
And then I’ll win

And when she’s walking
She’s looking so fine-yine-yine
And when she’s talking
She'll say that she’s mine-yine-yine

She'll say I’m not so tough
Just becauseI’m in love
With and uptown girl
She’s been living in her white bread world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
And now she’s looking for a downtown man
That’s what I am

Uptown girl
She’s my uptown girl
You know I’m in love
With an uptown girl
My uptown girl
Don’t you know I’m in love
With an uptown girl
My uptown girl
Don’t you know I’m in love
With an uptown girl
My uptown girl



Go Billy!

1 comment:

Shawn Enderlin said...

imagine my surprise when, an hour after i read your blog through Google Reader, i stumbled across your blog yet again after a search about - uh - boggle. yah, that's it.