Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hello, my friends, hello

Like I said before: This whole working for a living thing is for the birds. What the hell, man? I mean, don’t they realize that I have stuff that I would rather be doing? Its so inconvenient.

Speaking of things I’d rather be doing… (SEXUAL INNUENDO), I am currently attempting to finish up the second chapter of Bastard out of Minnesota in time for me to send it out to the Sparkle Ball Death Bunnies, so that they can critique it for me at next Monday's meeting. Honestly, though, between you and me, gentle reader, at the moment the prospects of that coming together in time are somewhat grim, as the days have been slipping of late at a rather break-neck quicksilver pace. I’m going to give it the ol’ college try, though, so here’s hoping… but 15 to 20 pages in two or so days…? Ehhhhh… maybe…

Also, sometime this week, I need to meet with both of the Twin Star Copy Editor Sukiyaki Death Squad Girls and squeeze some more pages out of them, thus keeping Gunslingers of the Apocalypse on a regular and steady, albeit somewhat slow, schedule toward Q Day or as it will someday be known as in song and in legend: The Day of Mailing.

On the “something to look forward to” front, I went to Microcon on Sunday (a somewhat anti-climatic moment for me, considering that it was my first Geek Convention type thing ever, but it was a small show so whatever…) and I talked to Zander Cannon there, (http://www.bigtimeattic.com/) and as a result, I have decided that I’m going to try to make next Thursday’s meeting of the Cartoonist Conspiracy (http://www.cartoonistconspiracy.com/conspire/) and take some short stories or something with me and have people draw them (hopefully with better results this time). While there I will chat up some of the artists and whatnot and then… who knows… but I can only assume that it will probably be magic… I have to remember to drop Zander a line about the etiquette when it comes to maybe bringing some stuff for people to draw. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes too much at the start, as artists in general can be a prickly, irritable and grudge-holding lot (i.e. me).

Also, I have submitted my short, short story to Brain Harvest (http://www.brainharvestmag.com/) so we’ll see what they say, hopefully somewhat soon… I am proud of the end result though, so this time, should they turn me down, I will definitely post it here for you all to read and enjoy.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Also:


sexy, sexy, sexy

No comments: